My husband has his good qualities and his bad qualities. Whereas I would use a sponge until it disintegrated into small, blue, smelly shreds, he always makes sure we have a new one. On the other hand, he puts his water glass down SO LOUDLY in the middle of the night. Wakes me up every time.
Still, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve a nice Valentine’s Day gift. We said we weren’t exchanging this year, but I’m considering a few of these more creative ideas anyway.
1. The Romantic Gesture: Admit it, guys. You like candles and rose petals as much as we do. Seriously, I’ve done this for my hubby and he once asked when I was planning to do it again.
2. Penny Keepsake: This amazing keychain idea combines two penines — one with the year you met and one with the year you were married — with an inscribed decorative copper disc. I think my message would say: “You’re stuck with me.”
3. Treasure Hunt: Arrange a treasure hunt for your love that leads him toward an awesome gift. Ideas include tickets to a game, a fancy dinner or something racier.
4. Home Cooking Class: I don’t want to brag, but I have a great man, and he’s currently learning to cook better. He always wants me to show him how to perform various kitchen tasks, so why not combine that with some wine and make a great evening out of it? Get the nicest ingredients for a special meal, like rack of lamb with rosemary potatoes.
5. Beer Brewing Kit: Dudes love crafts too, just not the same ones we usually do. Sure to be a hit? A kit for DIY brews. I’m doing this one for the birthday, so I’ll let you know how it turns out!